Thursday, August 16, 2007

20 Ways To Impress Your Interviewer

To be honest, I have little experience when it comes to interviews. Ever since I joined the Risk Management Industry a.k.a Insurance, the thought of attending interviews seem foreign to me. (I did attend a scholarship interview for Certified Financial Planner in Financial Planning Association of Malaysia yesterday. If only this article was published yesterday, I would have aced the interview! LoL) Nonetheless, I saw this article in my favourite section of The Star daily, Metro Classifieds (16th August 2007) and I thought it would be useful to for readers of my blog (yes, YOU!). It was written by Neen James who is a motivational speaker and trainer in the States. Basically, this editorial highlights 20 to-do list if you want to impress the person who will decide whether or not you get the job. It never occured to me that using a nice pen and interviewing the interviewer would make an impact during the interview! LoL. Have a good read and cheers!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find no. 19 and 20 very impressive.

Jes.

drumsticks said...

Not sure if you're into this but i've just tagged you! :)

Anonymous said...

you can't even read the dang thing!!!

Anonymous said...

I would really like to read this article. Please enlarge it so we can see the words.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting, it really helps. In order to read it better, right click in the article (anywhere) copy and then open your program Word, or Microsoft Word and paste, there you go!!!
Also, is easier in some computers just hit the "CTRL" and "+" at the same time it will increased the font... remember CTRL +
To decrease the font just CTRL -

Hope this will help :)

Anonymous said...

Having interviewed prospective employees, I found it annoying when an applicant arrived 10 minutes early. I often was preparing the area for the interview and did not want an early arrival. Around 5 minutes early is fine.
Also, I'd be concerned with an applicant trying to impress me with their pen choice.
As a general rule, everything depends on the type of job and company for which you're applying.

Anonymous said...

Your post is an EPIC FAIL. The fact that you didn't size it correctly for easy reading proves your uselessness. Kill yourself now.

Anonymous said...

Good advice. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your post!

Howard Helton said...

Here we are at the end of August 2016, 9 years after the first posting, and the advice remains very appropriate. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Anonymous said...

Good read, thanks for the post!