Friday, October 13, 2006

I need to break out of my shell...

It was my first time attending a party which I knew no one other than my friend who brought me there. Well technically, it wasn't my first time per-se but this was a revelation to me. There were so many people there who barely knew each other and we introduced ourselves to each other... and yet, everyone was casually chatting like they have known each other for ages! The host, whom is in his late thirties is one happening uncle! This is a far cry from the usual people I meet with. No, I am not condemning the friends I know and love but it's just that in this party, I met people who are entirely different from those that I know. This shows how small the scope of my world is.

I am really grateful to my friend, Fabian, who brought me to this party and exposed the my limitations in my people-to-people skills. Besides, these people at the party are generally pretty well off and 'westernized'... thus this explains my awkwardness due to my 'geek-and-Chinese-English' background. Man, words can't explain the embarassment and awkwardness I had during at the party. Thank God for people like Manesh and Robert (the host) who made my life less "miserable". Man, I really need to break out of my shell...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey bro, din knoe you've a blog ;) Adding you to my blogroll.. Do gimme a ring sometime when you're free ok? God Bless!