Saturday, July 01, 2006

Geez...

Geez...
As much as I would love to create an entry about my trip to Sabah on the 15 June... I just can't find the time! Working really saps the living daylights out of you. This is the first week when I have worked the full week. On the first day of work after my holidays, I had a meeting with my colleagues, boss and my company's Japanese counterpart till 830pm. The subsequent day, I was stuck in a ridiculously long traffic jam along the Damansara-Puchong Highway for almost two hours. I left my office at 6pm and by the time I reach home, it was nearly 830pm. Please bear in mind that my office is located in Kelana Centre Point which is just 15 minutes drive from my house. Things were slightly better on Wednesday where I manage to get home by 730pm. Thursday on the other hand... was another "late-evening" in the office. My boss was going back to Malacca on Friday and we had a meeting from 4pm up till 9pm. The purpose of the meeting? To teach us what is a sales-cycle. Well, at least I was treated to dinner at Taman Megah's Fatty Crab Restaurant. What about Friday? Hmmm...Boss wasn't around... neither was his personal assistant (also known as Mrs.Boss)... so I had a fun-filled day of sitting in front of the computer conducting self-study on microscopy which I am suppose to report on to my boss on Monday. Heck... I even have to continue my work at home on a weekend! Geez!!!!
Even as I create this entry, I have to rush through my work so that I can submit my findings on Monday. My boss didn't explicitly want me to submit my findings on Monday but when the stakes are this high, I would do anything to accomplish any task he assigns me to. Stakes? What stakes am I talking about? The company I am working for is a small firm which just began operations two months ago. My boss hired five individuals and he explicitly said that he will be selecting his so-called "right-hand" and "left-hand" man to oversee the company's operations when he expands this company to US and Europe. Obviously, every one of us will be vying for that position.
Things are about to heat up and I am positive I am up for it! Stress and overtime; BRING IT ON!!!

2 comments:

Malcolm said...

hello dude!
I have not seen you for years but I found you on the web!

Kevin Tang said...

Someone really getting into the rat race....Remember me when you make it big ya?? ;)