Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Cruel cruel world...

I have been thrown out into the cruel working society for about two months and have been exposed to the perils of day-to-day labour. Unlucky for me, who took almost two weeks off for my Sabah trip, I was assigned the most expensive product of my company; The Wafer Loader (WL). Costing approximately a Honda Civic, it carries the most commission but the catch is, only a small number of users. What are WLs? To simply put it, wafer loader are for huge semiconductor companies who fabricate large silicon wafers and these wafers, being so hard to fabricate and has nearly zero tolerance to defects, cannot not be touched by human beings. So, such big-wig companies will buy few wafer loaders just to load these wafers into cassettes (wafer holder thingie...something like your CD rack) for transportation or inspection. Which big companies am I talking about? To name a few; Intel, AMD, Avago, Freescale etc. Only such a limited market coupled with giant competitors such as Nikon and Olympus, this is definitely one difficult son-of-a-b*tch to sell. Nonetheless, I resign myself to my luck and try my best to sell one or two units within the first year.

That is just the minor sucky part. The major one is this; All my colleagues have been given the green light to go into the field to obtain sales whereas Yours Truly is stuck in the freaking office studying and theory compilation. Thank God I have completed the compilation of microscopy theory and I just sit around in the office rotting my brains away. Well, my boss did assign me a task to seek out potential distributors/agents internationally. All I did was to send out emails which every one treats as spam and patiently wait for replies. Sent out 30 two days ago just to test my email persuasion skills and the reply so far? Three non-existent emails and one was treated as spam and filtered by the company's webmaster. That's about the most interesting thing I have done for the passed three days.

What am I going to do next? I seriously have no idea. Being in the office and looking at the most senior (in terms of age) polish my boss' and his wife's shoes is quite sickening but since he has been doing it so often, I have developed immunity towards such acts. As for the rest of my colleagues, all I can do on a daily basis is to accompany them to meet clients just to kill time. Sigh...

MAN!!! SOMEONE PLEASE SHOOT ME!!!!!!

3 comments:

bumbz said...

haa mine also not much better

BaRNy said...

Makes it all the more reason for me to enjoy my final year in mmu.

Unka said...

Barny...don't rub it in. I yearn for the day you will suffer like me! It's coming VERY soon. Muahahahahahahaa...
Suffer!!! Suffer!!!
Hahaha...I shall harass you during your industrial training! XD