Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Ah...Malaysians...

I was in my beloved's apartment using her roomie's computer to log into my Yahoo! Messenger account when I received forwarded messages from a few chinese friends. They forwarded a notice posted on my "beloved" Multimedia University's (MMU) online bulletin board. Here's a screenshot of the notice.


What about the link? MMU was quick to remove this "offensive" notice from our online bulletin but thanks to Jeff Ooi's blog, I managed to obtain this screenshot. Of course, my chinese compatriots were quite agitated when they read this notice. Well, looking at it, this notice is indeed very racist. They favour Indians and Malays over Chinese. Hmmm... What is this? Aren't we all Malaysians? Bangsa Malaysia? Why the heck did they put up such notice? WTF?

Before we actually roll up our sleeves and start bashing the hapless STAD clerk or the CITS for putting up this notice, we should ask ourselves; What's new? We live in Malaysia for crying out loud! Racism is the norm! Ask yourself, when was the last time you had a nasi lemak with another race? Look around you! In campus or anywhere in Malaysia, each race tends to stick to their own kind. Chinese and Indians perceive Malays as lazy-good-for-nothings whereas the Malays think Chinese are evil and heartless money making machines and Indians as good for nothing drunkards. Chinese companies tend to hire their own kin. Same goes to Malay and Indian companies. Back to my original question; Why are you so infuriated by this notice? Wake up folks, this is Malaysia we are talking about. So, shut your hole and stop forwarding stupid remarks lambasting this notice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Motorola kiamsiap ma...they figured advertise like that and nobody can apply...then they can say they did offer scholarships without actually needing to give money

Keith said...

Joe.... when I eat nasi lemak with myself... i'm eating with another race.. HHAHAHHAA.....

Stormcrow said...

I had nasi lemak with half another race that day...with Keith...well actually he had nasi lemak, i didn't and it's like 1.5 vs 0.5...so not sure if that counts

Unka said...

Macha's different...
Eating with him is like eating with Chinese AND Indians...
LOL

synergy said...

Yep! I was told by the government that they only hire "local" graduates. Thus my deep-seated hatred of "locals" was founded.