Thursday, January 05, 2006

First MC at work...

Urgh... Kept waking up at night because I was either shivering of cold or sweating profusely because I was too hot. Geez... What a way to start year 2006. Went to work today only to end up coming back at 11pm.

When I first clocked in I was already wearing my jacket. My supervisor asked me to consult the doctor and get the proper documentations done. I had to take the doctor's slip from the Finance head of department's secretary, fill up the details, let the Finance head sign it and bring it all the way to Human Resource department to get my slip to consult the doctor. If I was really dead sick, I think I would have probably died before getting all those done. Once I had my slip in hand, I waited till 10am for the clinic to open.

I walked groggily to the clinic located on the 4th floor of The Mall and registered myself. Again, I had to wait for another 15 minutes for the doctor to see me. (Well, at least I did not have to wait for 2 and half hours when I went to Putrajaya Hospital around midnight for high fever 4 years ago) Being such a good patient, I described that I was having on-and-off hot/cold spells, my back near my butt and my legs were aching, my abdomen has a nagging discomfort since last night and had loose bowels. The kind doctor took my temperature which was normal and then politely instructed me to lie on the bed so that he can diagnose me better. Once that was done, the doctor said he had no idea what was wrong with me. All I can do now is to take some antibiotics, fever medication that doubles as painkiller, diarrhea pills and some miniture mentos lookalike pills to address my stomach discomfort. He asked me to monitor myself and see how this thing goes. I bid the doctor farewell and took my medication from the receiptionist. The receiptionists gave me all the necessary items and asked if I think I can work. I stupidly said I could and she instructed me to return for a medical certificate (mc) if I want to return home.

I went back up to my office and my supervisor asked why I didn't take MC. After pondering for 5 minutes on how stupid I was to reject the half day off to rest at home, I went back to the clinic to get my MC. I passed the MC to the secretary of the Finance head and left my office immediately after that. Reached home 40 minutes later and I had to walk through scorching hot afternoon. Geez... Now I am finally home, I am blogging about it. Hahahhaah... crap.

Getting my rest now. Hopefully, I will get better by tomorrow. Till then, it's nap time for me.

6 comments:

tan said...

huh, take care man, ur sick is because the air cond direct blow to u, u sitting my place? lol, move the table and PC to another location (but i doubt if there is any place to relocate the PC) :)) the place is for abnormal ppl to sit 1 lar :p

ps: wish u get well soon, but even u havent fully recover, u also need to go for work tomolo, just like me last time, but why u still got for work? aiya, u can call nicholas and say u take leave because sick 1, then submit the MC tomolo also can 1, no neccessary u must go to legend to report urself 1st 1, u got HLA right, can see any clinic nearby 1 mar :p remember to take receipt if it is not HLA panel clinic.

tan said...

eh, u no fever is it? why the doctor not issue the MC to u straight 1 mer? last time i visit the clinic twice (diff time diff doctor), both of them issue me straight, the 2nd time 1 the doctor issue me the MC in the room straight away, i ask him if i can continue my work?(because "he" ask whether i go for medicine or MC, u know who i saying 1 lor :p), then the doctor say once u get fever, take more rest, insist me to go back home :))

Unka said...

Hahaha...Now we wait for Yap to fall sick also loh. You and I also fell sick thanks to the ultra cold spot.
Regarding the MC...I didn't know mah. I thought must go through Legend's panel clinic that's why I went to work. Kanasai...
If things don't get better tomorrow morning, I think I will just go to my family doctor and get MC again. Sleeping the whole afternoon made me blur dy...

tan said...

lol, sleep more lor, last time i take medicine liao go back home also sleep whole day, but second day go work still like that :)) that panel clinic medicine like no use 1 :p

if u still not well tomolo, suggest u go ur family doctor there, btw, who ur doctor today? last time 1st time me is a lady, the medicine she give me got make me feel better, but then 2nd time i go there is a guy, he give me the same medicine(the same antibiotic), but i feel worse after take the medicine :))

Unka said...

Some Chinese guy ler...
No idea what's his name. Tomorrow see how lo. Haha...
Now let's curse Brian to fall sick also. Oh yeah, Mr.Chan asked me to format a PC this afternoon and finish it in 3 hours. Don't know if he asked Brian to do or do himself. :))

bumbz said...

hhaheheee...get well soon..>:D<
take more MCs larr..they dun let u off earlier u take more offlurr..kekeke