Thursday, December 29, 2005

Interesting discussion...

I went to MidValley on Wednesday night with two female friends to kill time after work. After having dinner at Manhattan Fish Market (which sucked. Never order the platter for three. I forgot the name) we headed to the Centre Court to watch some Christmas performance by a group of unknown dancers. (My "favourite" ex-scoutmaster happened to be one of the male faggots...OPS!! Erm...I meant performers who were dancing up there). After that, the three of us headed down to McD's to try out the new flavoured ice cream that is only available in MidValley and Gurney Plaza's McD's.

One we got our rasberry, butter pecan and tropical orange flavoured ice creams respectively, we proceeded to place out butts on the very comfortable cushioned chair in McD's. This was when the we had a very interesting discussion about appearance and relationships. (Yes yes, lame topic, but that's what most of us are really interested now, isn't it?) I can't remember what we discussed at first but one thing led to the other and I fired the first salvo by saying,"From what I can see, the 'chun-chicks' (pretty ladies) usually have very ugly boyfriends" The first female friend (I shall henceforth refer her as S) said,"This shows that men only prioritize appearance and nothing else. Women aren't like that. " My second female friend (Whom I will refer to as N) nodded in agreement. "Yes, that might be the case since 9 out of 10 men are like that but there is still one who isn't so" was my reply. N, being all fired up, replied,"That fella must be a blind man!" and we all broke into laughter. Then we all shared our 'knowledge' on our friends (who remained anonymous throughout the conversation) who had affairs behind his/her boyfriend's back as well as morons who can't give up when the person they were after clearly rejected them without any hope of being with them.

We all talked for another 20 minutes when I asked both of them,"Can you accept a guy to be your boyfriend when he is shorter than you" Almost instantly both S and N replied,"NO!" There goes their conviction that women can accept men regardless of their looks. S added,"There was once this guy who treated me really good. I had feelings for him but I just couldn't bring myself to accept him because he was just too short!" Hmmm...so my guess is, these two fellows place as much importance on appearance as their male counterparts.

Today while at work, I had another similar conversation with another female friend of mine over Yahoo! Messenger. (I shall henceforth refer her as K) As we were discussing, K willingly admitted that women do put emphasis on appearance but she added that appearance is superficial. In a relationship, what matters the most is about having the proper chemistry. She also said that handsome guys can be real jerks once you get to know them. (Same goes for women) At that very moment, I got disconnected (no-thanks to the 'ultra-high end' Pentium 166Mhz with 32MB EDO RAM Internet server in Grand Seasons which just loves to crash) and suffered a long lecture from my supervisor because I was too free today, (even though I finished all the tasks he assigned to me for the week ahead of schedule) I didn't manage to further discuss this topic with her.

I can't really say that it was very educational to have the conversations with these three pretty ladies but it did reaffirm one thing; Men and Women alike love pretty things. Men suffer more criticism because we always give the impression that we only date sexy and seductive women. Women on the other hand, have a free hand to gawk at macho good looking men and adore their sexy six packs abdomen without being chastised. When men comment on how sexy the lady who just waltzed pass is with her C-cup boobs and fishnet stockings, women label us as perverts. I have female friends who have Korean actors as their computers' wallpaper and go nuts when they see the actor's body and smile. They go all goo-goo-gaa-gaa over guys body and good looks and gets away with it. I have read a very famous Singaporean young female adult blog (Don't ask me who, go 'google' it. Hint: Her blog was voted to be the most popular blog in Singapore for 2004) that complained that her boyfriend's organ wasn't big enough. She also taught fellow readers how to measure the organ with your hands so that you can brag about it when you discuss your sex life with your close buddies. (Why the hands? Because you can't bring in a ruler to measure it when you have sex, can you?) When I related this to my female friends, all they said was,"Yeerrrrr...why like that one" The End. Not another word from them. If the blog happened to be written by a male... you will hear no end about how perverted guys can be.

Ish...what's this!? Double standards and women dare say they are being given unfair treatment. Guys are also being treated unjustly! We demand the right to gawk at beautiful women and comment without being treated as perverts. We demand the right to openly admire posters or wallpapers of good looking women without being called losers. You can do it, so can we! EQUAL RIGHTS FOR MEN!!!

PS: Ignore the last paragraph, I was just trying to be funny. :Þ

8 comments:

bumbz said...

hurmm...actually when you are walking on the street, it is kinda hard to find lengjai to gawk at.@@
Most of the time I will be lookin at leng luiz...keakkaa...yeapz even in campus i notice leng luiz more than leng jaiz..:P

Unka said...

Probably that's why all leng lui's have ah jengs as boyfriends
hahahahahah...

Lincoln said...

I guess guys are more expressive when we come to talking about girls. We guys talk openly about girls to our friends, no matter if our friends are guys or girls. But in my opinion, I guess girls only talk about leng zais among their girl-friends and rarely to guys. So, I guess that leaves us very little chance to shoot at them and call them perverts. :P

bumbz said...

I don't know bout the rest, but my friends and I talk bout leng luiz more often coz u see..there is not many leng jaiz to talk about..hahahaa...I am not saying there arent any, of course if we see 1 we sure talk a bout it. But more ofthen it will be "aih..no leng jai to see" and "eihh look at that gal" hehe. Even galz mag focus on leng luiz wot..hehehee
Galz rule!>:P

cheehan said...

i tot gals dun really care abt the guys appearance too much one ..

Unka said...

Yeah meh...How would you know that wor Chee Han??

daniel said...

ah harm speaks once again!

cheehan said...

quote DK: ah harm speaks once again! wats wrong with my comments woh ?? :P cant voice out ?